03 February 2014

You


I said “hello” when you starred right at me
You smiled and nodded my heart skipped a beat
There was something about you
That curve in your smile
The way your eyes creased when you winked
The strand of hair that dangled kissing your ear

You looked familiar

The moment I saw you I knew I knew you
Maybe a faded memory from my childhood
Or I glanced your photo somewhere I can’t recall

I was so glad I met you

The other night you called me out of my sleep
Sleepy eyed mind weak I listened to your stories
You refused coffee whilst I had a least two
My head snuggled my pillow at 4 am
I didn’t mind I had no plans for tomorrow
I never have plans
And love letting the days sail by

I told you about the doctors and the pills
And the white walled room
And the times when everything was grey
I didn’t know if I was coming or going
I barely knew my name
You responded like you understood and knew where I was coming from
Like you’ve walked that road before
You frowned when I frowned
You cried when I cried
Wherever I went you followed

Everything changed the day I met you

They labelled me crazy and said I should be locked up
That’s how I heard it anyway
I didn’t care
All I wanted was you and our endless conversations

It was a brilliant idea when you said I should place mirrors in every room
Now you are with me your reflection I see every minute of my day



Copyright © 2014 Sonneteer Articulates (aka Traysi Matthew, Traysi Speaks) 
All rights reserved. No portion of this post may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system or transmitted, in any form or any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording or by otherwise without the express written permission from Sonneteer Articulates (aka Traysi Matthew, Traysi Speaks)


No comments:

Post a Comment