27 January 2014

Elsewhere


Elsewhere

I say goodbye and leave to a place of elsewhere
Dissimilar to the here and now smells
The laughter I am use too
The historical tongues and rhythms of kinsfolk
Wrinkled with wisdom and time

A tear escapes and is quickly brushed away
An expression of strength replaces the one reflecting sadness
I turn away thinking I can do this

Somewhere a distance from home
Where faces blur into one race
Faced am I with new beginnings and learning
A culture almost malevolent

Childlike I approach
Unaware how to act
Or react to situations unknown
Confidence fallen I have none
Once so strong now consumed with weakness
I kiss a farewell to my family dreams

Distant home of mine
A memory of past living
Where the ‘here’ has transformed into the ‘there’
No longer the ‘now’

Forgiven I hope from my ancestors
For leaving the land of my birth
 I shall never see you again

(Submitted to Centre of migration, policy and society (COMPAS) poetry Competition 2013



Copyright © 2014 Sonneteer Articulates (aka Traysi Matthew, Traysi Speaks) 
All rights reserved. No portion of this post may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system or transmitted, in any form or any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording or by otherwise without the express written permission from Sonneteer Articulates (aka Traysi Matthew, Traysi Speaks)

No comments:

Post a Comment