08 December 2017

Not in the Place I Should Be

I was going over some old poems today and found this one, written almost twenty years ago. I wished I had more information about the place I was in...


The day is now dawning
Getting out of bed
I stretch and stand up
Yawning
Closing my eyes
I know what I should do
Not listen to thoughts that’s in my mind
Just twirling
Looking at the eyes that stand
In front of me just starring
The face that’s my face
Hangs its head
And starts sighing

Water pours out from the tap
To the hands
To the mirror reflection
The cool splashing sensation
Wakes me up a bit more slightly
But still something’s missing

I know what I should do
Yet can’t do it

The desire that once was there
Has flown away with the winds of my emotion
The prayer that binds me
To the one who sits in the heavens is ceasing
I feel myself in my heart slipping

Climbing into bed
I lay down silently crying
Closing my eyes and sinking in the cloud
Of sleep that covers me
My mind still talking
The faint voice of conviction starts shouting,
It’s merely a whisper
To my inner soul

I know I’m not in the place I should be


Copyright © 2017 Sonneteer Articulates (aka Traysi Matthew, Traysi Speaks) 

All rights reserved. No portion of this post may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system or transmitted, in any form or any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording or by otherwise without the express written permission from Sonneteer Articulates (aka Traysi Matthew, Traysi Speaks)

No comments:

Post a Comment