08 February 2013

Jumper

Just submitted this to Magma Poetry magazine, their next issue has a clothing theme.

Jumper

You wrap yourself around me elegantly and internal sighs consume me from within
Memories flash by in floods and I see him
Standing there by the light by the window
And I smile and smell his scent, I am sure it is him
He wears the same jumper that tonight cuddles me in bed
My favourite woolly-warmth old with time and wisdom
I am sure you said it belonged to your father
That he use to wear it when engrossed in a book
A pipe balancing on his bottom lip
you said

The sky moods over its shades of grey reflect my current emotion

Sadness spreads and a tear escapes slowly
It trickles down and kisses my cheek
I miss you

I stroke you now and close me eyes imagining I am really feeling you
Kissing you, touching you
You use to belong to me everything of you was a part of me
Your jumper it helps and heals the pain
I would never go away
You said






Copyright © 2013 Sonneteer Articulates (aka Traysi Matthew, Traysi Speaks)
All rights reserved. No portion of this post may be reproduced, 
stored in a retrieval system or transmitted, in any form or by 
any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording or 
otherwise without the express written permission from Sonneteer Articulates (aka Traysi Matthew, Traysi Speaks)

No comments:

Post a Comment