07 April 2016

The Colour of Life



Often I wonder what life would be like without You in it
A part of it
Not always there from the start of it
Waking up and not feeling You there in it
The capital L that forms the word life
My life not the same without You in it
A dullness it would be
Gloomy
Void of all things colourful
Murky

Like seeing life through sun shades only
Lonely
Slaved to a world of colour blindness
Dimness
But You have brought the colour to my life
Painted it with a freedom
My chains have been broken
No longer in captivity
I have been set free
You have shaded my life with a love that blows comprehension
I am loved and I know it
So I can walk paths with my head held up high
You have known me since in the womb
And continue to know me as I have grown into maturity
Every cell of my body cries out in thankfulness
I am grateful
I recognise you in my life
Stepping out from darkness into a glorious light
Vibrantly I now see a new richness
That has me enclosed in a spiritual bliss
And like taking the first breath of my life
I feel You in me 
Inhale exhale
You be the air that I breathe that travels through me
Bringing the being into me and making me completely functioning
Like oxygen
I am breathing the goodness that I need
You be the very essence that makes up me
Bringing me back to life
From rebirth all the way to eternity

The colour to my life you be
The colour to my life you be


Copyright © 2016 Sonneteer Articulates (aka Traysi Matthew, Traysi Speaks) 


All rights reserved. No portion of this post may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system or transmitted, in any form or any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording or by otherwise without the express written permission from Sonneteer Articulates (aka Traysi Matthew, Traysi Speaks)

No comments:

Post a Comment