21 December 2009

Wet toes

These last few days I have realised how much I hate snow. I love winter just not the snow. I must admit that it is does look pretty and fluffy, like white candy floss land with cotton wool hills. I dislike what happens when it touches the ground and transforms into freezing rivers and mini ice-skating ranks. Slipping and sliding and holding on to dear life is not my cup of tea. I want to be able to power walk to my designations and wear my pretty shoes that seems to always flirt dangerously with the ice. There is nothing worst than walking with the fear of falling. With feet planting uncertainly at every careful step.

Wet toes

I take off my boots to numb toes touching wood flooring
With warmth wondering to places unknown
As the inner depths of my being feels so cold

Walking snow pavements and tasting sky flakes
I try and focus on things of distraction
My head hurts from trying
I give up and look at the dirty snow I tread

I have worn the wrong boots
Suede ones that are not waterproof
My toes are wet or just cold
I am glad to be back home

No comments:

Post a Comment