14 February 2014

Love poem #3: Soul Mate Silence

Another poem for Valentine's Day (14th Feb), strangely therapeutic writting these love poems.

Sound Poem for the Soul Mate Silence

Soul Mate Silence

The silence engulfed us during the communication pauses
I expected the awkwardness to consume us
It didn't
It just felt like a full stop
Like you took a deep breath
On paper it's where the comma would be
You smiled I smiled
You blinked I blinked
Your fingers curled around mine
I watched your hand consume me
Then the steam that danced from my mug
Still there was no speech
A white butterfly fluttered through the crowd and landed near our table
We were distracted for a split second
And in the moment of speechless bliss
I knew you were my soul mate




Copyright © 2014 Sonneteer Articulates (aka Traysi Matthew, Traysi Speaks) 
All rights reserved. No portion of this post may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system or transmitted, in any form or any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording or by otherwise without the express written permission from Sonneteer Articulates (aka Traysi Matthew, Traysi Speaks)

1 comment:

  1. I love the beautiful simplicity of this piece, it really spoke to my heart.

    ReplyDelete