23 February 2014

Sky High aka I Am Flying High


This poem/ spoken word piece is quite unique as I wrote this to a track produced by DJ Maintain, I haven't written a poem to a track for a very very long time. It was love at first listen and after months of stopping and starting the creative flow, hence it took me ages to complete (just too many distractions), I finally finished it! 


Now who once told me that I could be all that I want to be
That I can aim high in the sky
And look down from the clouds
And not be put down or looked down upon
Like a human watching an ant passing by
Or frowned upon like I’m just an add on
Something last thought about
A full stop before my name Traysi
An added extra like .com
See you later it’s the brake light
The last in the queue and
The last pick for the team
The third friend that’s last to be left behind
No that’s not me
For I am aiming high to the point of losing all recognition
In the process of a metamorphosis  
People stand muttering shading the sun from their eye
Is it s bird, is it a plane
No its just me flying by
Taking forward talents
No longer am I letting life stamp out dreams from newborn
Formed in the womb are my ambitions
Formed in the womb are my ambitions

Missions to be fulfilled
Destinies to be written
Tracing footstep prints along faint lines of pre-ordained decisions
Pre-written storylines
Making history by carving my life story on tree trunks
Lasting for generations and generations and generations
I was created to do something great
I was made and molded like play dough
Sealed with the stamp of the Holy Spirit glow
The seed of me was planted a long time ago
And I stand here today bearing fruit
And I stand here today understanding the importance of my existence
I am a part of the bigger picture
Like the smile on the Mona Lisa
I can never understand fully all things that are in-store
I have to keep on walking along paths of direction
Accept every opportunity with love and affection
I get satisfaction from pleasing the Most High
It is time for me to fly high


Copyright © 2014 Sonneteer Articulates (aka Traysi Matthew, Traysi Speaks) 
All rights reserved. No portion of this post may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system or transmitted, in any form or any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording or by otherwise without the express written permission from Sonneteer Articulates (aka Traysi Matthew, Traysi Speaks)

No comments:

Post a Comment